12.11.2008

Smiths Reunion in '09?!?!?



Okay, even the speculation is kind of making me lose my shit here. Gigwise.com reported today that a Smiths reunion is a distinct possibility in 2009:
The Smiths are said to be on the verge of reforming after Morrissey and Johnny Marr settled their past differences.

The band, who split in 1987, would likely embark on a series of live shows in 2009.

A music industry source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "The very fact that they are talking again is the most hopeful thing in years."

I will absolutely allow for the strong possibility that this is just over-the-top speculation from the always over-the-top UK music press. However, I'm going to forget my usual pessimism and try to believe the unbelievable in this case. I haven't had a dream in a long time. So, Smiths, please please please let me get what I want this time!

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. The layout looks great and I like the content a lot. Keep up the good work. I'll add you to the blogroll and give you a shout out in a post with a few other local blogs I'm spotlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I appreciate you stopping by and taking a look. I'll add you to mine as well!

    ReplyDelete