12.15.2008

Ida Maria - "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"



Were I to live in a world where I got to go to all sorts of fun parties populated by people who shared my musical sensibilities, I have a feeling that Ida Maria's "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked" would be getting played at quite a few of them. As things stand, this exuberant blast of pop bliss is getting played and replayed at my apartment for my party of one.

This song comes from her debut album Fortress Round My Heart, a solid collection of punk-infused pop songs that are quite enjoyable, though not quite as good as some less polished demos that are floating around. My other favorite from this release, "Queen of the World," is also worthy of your time and attention. And, in case you were wondering she's originally from Norway, but launched her career in . . . (you guessed it) Sweden.

Purchase: Fortress Round My Heart and other Ida Maria releases.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to the song well, but the title reminds me of the refrain to Romeo Void's "Never Say Never", specifically "I'd like you better if we slept together". Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant that I haven't listened to the song *yet*, not well. Dunno why I wrote that. Not enough coffee maybe. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt-
    Yeah, the title line/sentiment is similar to the one from Romeo Void. But, I think that the line in this song that makes it more interesting is the "I like me so much better when you're naked" that follows the title line in the chorus. It shows a little bit of vulnerability that makes the song's protagonist more human, in my opinion.
    -ChrisD

    ReplyDelete